This tasty slow cooker chili recipe makes a big batch, and is packed with ground beef and spices. If you want a little kick added to this chili recipe, simply add jalapeno peppers and serve with your favorite cornbread, hot out of the oven.
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped mild green chile peppers, undrained
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup water or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
In a large skillet using medium-high heat, slowly cook the ground beef, stirring and breaking up large chunks, until fully cooked.After the beef is cooked, place the ground beef in a slow cooker and thoroughly mix with the minced garlic, chopped onion, chile peppers, tomatoes, chili powders, cumin, salt, pepper, water or broth, and cornmeal. Cover and cook on LOW for approximately 7 to 9 hours, checking and stirring about halfway through cooking time. Add a little more water if needed. Serve with cornbread and a tossed salad.
Serves 8 to 10.
Did You Know?
Bush Brothers sells more than 55 million pounds of chili, kidney and pinto beans in one year – the weight equivalent to 4,200 male African elephants!Added By: Chili Master